An eyelid lift procedure, or Blepharoplasty, is a procedure that tightens and rejuvenates the skin around the eye for a younger-looking expression. This can involve the upper eyelids, lower eyelids, or both depending on the patient. An eyelid lift procedure can remove a double eyelid or improve under-eye bags, wrinkles, and fatty deposits that cause a “puffy” appearance. This procedure isn’t just for cosmetic purposes. It can repair any eyelid damage caused by congenital eyelid issues, injury, or illness.
If you’re looking to get a brighter, more youthful look, an eyelid lift procedure might be right for you. Most eyelid lift procedures are quite simple and allow patients to go home the same day. Recovery usually lasts a few weeks and swelling, and bruising should start to fade by week two. Scarring typically takes longer to heal; however, scars from eyelid lift surgeries are hidden inside the eyelid or along the crease.
You may be wondering if an eyelid lift procedure is right for you. However, consulting with a plastic surgeon will give you the best answers to any questions you may have.
Below are five signs you may need an eyelid lift:
- Do you have permanent bags under your eyes?
- Do your lower eyelids sag down so much that you can see the white of your eye?
- Do you have trouble seeing because your upper eyelids physically block your vision from drooping down so far?
- Does the skin above your eyes sag?
- Do your eyelids feel so heavy that you have a difficult time keeping them open?
Below are five factors that can lead to eyelid sagging or puffy eyes
- Late nights
- Rubbing your eyes
- Removing makeup too aggressively
- Genetic predisposition towards dark circles, eye bags, or eye puffiness
Our eyes and eyelids are the most used muscle-driven facial expression structure of the face. Therefore, they are the first features of the face to start aging. An eyelid lift surgery is ideal for patients wanting to get rid of sagging, puffy eyelid skin. A blepharoplasty can provide longer-lasting and more noticeable younger-looking results than fillers and Botox.