Breast Augmentation: Things to do After the Surgery
If your breasts augmentation surgery is approaching, then you must start making your preparations. Adequate preparation for the pre- and post-surgery period is important as it makes the whole process considerably stress-free and comfortable.
At Mia Aesthetics, we understand that breast implants is one of the most crucial decisions of your life. It is a procedure that requires women to possess physical as well as mental strength.
In order to make your breast implants journey much simpler and easy, we have prepared a list of things that you must take care of:
- Things to Remove: The following things need to be removed before you go in for the surgery-
Also, you need to stop taking supplements and contraceptive pills at least two weeks prior to the surgery.
- Get Comfortable Clothes: It is better to get comfortable and loose tops that can be worn after the surgery. Loose attire would help you avoid lifting your arms right after the surgery, or to fit your body into tight, restrictive clothing. This post-surgery care is a must to ensure best results.
- Get the Drinking Straws: This might not sound important at first, but drinking straws area ‘must haves’ during your recovery period. Until a few days after the surgery, you have to rely on the straws to drink without sitting or moving around. This rest is important to aid the healing process. In fact, it is all the more better to get the bendy straws.
- Post-surgery Bras: Most surgeons advise their clients to avoid under-wire bras for about a month after the surgery. It is also advisable to wear front fastening bras that can fit a little loosely around the breasts and the surgical area. This is required to avoid disturbing the healing process. Further, you can also opt for a seamless sports bra as they are more comfortable and attractive. When you go for getting your stitches removed, bring a soft bra to wear after the bandages have been removed.
You should take adequate care of your diet after the surgery to hasten the healing process. Along with nutritional supplements, you must eat foods that are rich in proteins, vitamins and micro-fats.
Some of these foods include:
- Nuts like cashews, almonds, walnuts and pine nuts are great for healing skin tissue
- Seeds like pumpkin, sesame and sunflower to help with tissue regeneration
- Fruits like apple, banana, orange, kiwi and pineapple to boost the immune system
- Proteins like chicken, fish and eggs are essential macro-nutrients for repairing tissue (vegetarians can replace meat with beans, soy or grains)
Many surgeons who perform breast implants in California recommend their patients to eat smaller portions or have light meals. This allows the body to focus on repairing the wounds instead of wasting its energy on digesting large amounts of food.
At Mia, we advise patients to stay away from alcohol, caffeine and smoking while they recover fully.
Now that you know the essential medical care tips, feel confident and start the process of your surgery!