Dermal filler injections are a quick and noninvasive way to restore age-related volume loss in the face. Mia Aesthetics offers Juvéderm for patients looking to get started on dermal fillers injections for a subtle lip or face augmentation. Juvéderm introduces delicate volume into the face and is most often used to fill in wrinkles, folds and fine lines caused by volume loss rather than repetitive facial movements.
To apply Juvéderm, the surgeon will use a fine needle to carefully inject the chosen filler into the face, taking care to contour the treated areas to the patient’s liking. Once this process is complete, the procedure is over. Most patients do not require anesthesia, though a topical numbing agent may be used if desired to make the procedure more comfortable. No bandages or sutures are needed, and patients can go home or even back to work afterward. Patients can usually resume normal activities right away, and there should be no activity restrictions unless specified by the plastic surgeon. Some doctors may recommend avoiding extreme heat or not engaging in vigorous exercise for a 24-hour period.
Minor side effects may include swelling, bruising, and redness at the site of the injection, particularly for treatments like lip augmentation. These side effects should subside within several days and pose no risk to patients.
Fillers are made of different materials, but the most common is hyaluronic acid, a sugar found naturally in the skin. Hyaluronic acid hydrates the skin and lends volume to areas experiencing volume loss, resulting in natural rejuvenation.
What Areas of The Face Are Fillers Used to Treat?
Dermal fillers can be used in many areas of the face to reduce the appearance of aging and give patients a rejuvenated look. Below is a list of popular face filler treatment areas:
- Lip fillers – Lip fillers are one of the most popular types of noninvasive treatments available right now. Patients range from their teens to their late sixties or more, proving the versatility and aesthetic boost lip fillers can provide for patients of all backgrounds. Lip fillers are very customizable and can create a look that is as plump or subtle as the patient desires.
- Cheek and Cheekbone fillers – Cheek and cheekbone fillers can have multiple aesthetic benefits. They are designed to add volume, contour the face and rejuvenate a person’s look. They can also help smooth fine lines and wrinkles and re-introduce facial structure and volume. Depending on your aesthetic goals, cheek and cheekbone fillers can be customized to create the look you want, whether that’s a subtle enhancement or dramatic face change.
- Jaw and Jawline fillers – Jaw and jawline fillers can be used to define the jaw area and give the appearance of a sleeker, smoother face shape. Fillers can be used on older patients to fill up areas of hanging skin around the jaw to create a tighter appearance. Even if skin is youthful and plump already, fillers around the jawline can completely contour your face shape without surgery.
- Chin fillers – Like jawline fillers, chin fillers can create the look of a sleeker, more defined face. Patients with an underbite and a chin that appears pushed back can greatly benefit from chin fillers. The quick procedure can create a desirable chin shape and leave the face looking more proportional and well defined.
- Smile Line fillers – Smile line fillers are one of the most popular placement areas for dermal fillers. They go in the nasolabial crease, or the area around your mouth that dents in when you smile. Over time, this can result in wrinkles that appear when your face is relaxed. By inserting filler into these lines, you can achieve a youthful, more relaxed look.
- Eye fillers – Eye fillers are another simple way to turn back the hand of time. They are typically inserted around the fine lines of the skin surrounding the outer corners of the eyes, commonly referred to as crow’s feet, to create a softer appearance. Eye fillers can also be used to plump up hollow dark circles, causing the patient to look more youthful and awake.