Getting Botox is excellent for reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, helping to rejuvenate the face for a more fresh, younger-looking appearance. Some popular areas for Botox include the mouth, neck, and around the eyes. It can be effective for aesthetic purposes and help with other nerve-related issues like migraines and sweating. While this treatment is safe and effective, there are some aftercare instructions to follow after your Botox treatment for the best results, especially on the first day.
- Do NOT rub your face: You got Botox treatment on your face to target that specific area. It is critical not to rub your face or apply pressure for the first 24-hours to avoid accidentally moving the Botox dosage into an unintended location.
- Do resume normal activities: It is not necessary to take time off after your Botox treatment. You can resume daily activities.
- Do NOT do strenuous physical activity: If your regular schedule involves heavy exercise, it is best to avoid strenuous activity for the first 24-hours. Increased blood flow can spread to the areas that were treated and reduce the effectiveness of the Botox.
- Do practice facial exercises: After the first day, it is recommended to start exercising the facial muscles gently. Do natural facial expressions, smile, frown, grin, and so on.
- Do NOT take strong painkillers: It’s rare for patients to experience pain after their treatment. However, if you experience slight discomfort and need to take something, talk to your surgeon to see what they recommend. It is critical to avoid any blood-thinning and anti-inflammatory painkillers after your treatment to increase the risk of bleeding and bruising.
- Do NOT apply makeup: Applying makeup involves the process of pressing on the skin and massaging products onto your face. Therefore, you’ll need to avoid makeup for the day of and after your appointment.